New shooter, thinking I might have a lemon

Hi everyone -

I am new to the photography and videography world. I will keep this short and sweet and then clarify any questions. I ordered an A7iii from a proper eBay store, open box. When shooting things in my house I noticed 'hot pixels' in the blacks - I chocked it up to low light issues since I read somewhere that this happens when shooting night skies. I know I couldn't have had my ISO set any higher than a 600 though. I thought it was normal to have a few dozen or 50 colorful pixels dancing around with the lens cap on. For the record, this happens with both Tamron 28-70 f2.8 and Tamron 17-28 f2.8

Another issue, my first shoot day my camera kept turning itself off and right back on while shooting 120fps in S&Q mode, once again I just thought I had some settings wrong. I had no issues shooting in 120fps S&Q a few weeks later, until today, I can't even get the camera to stay set on 120fps, recording or not, because it will just turn off and back on. Same issues persist with both lenses. 

I'm getting really nervous because I don't think I can return it and I doubt Sony will honor the warranty given the purchase type, even though I registered it with them right when I got it.

Much love to anyone that can help.

• 3 months later...

Sounds Wierd !

Best thing you can do, is take the camera to a Sony Dealer and ask for their opinion, then follow their instructions.

You are the only one, to mention that particular problem.

However, i have to ask, was the temerature, below  zero Celsius ?

if so, its due to the battery, batteries hate freezing temperatures, it eats their power !

So in that case you have to have a supply of batteries, fully charged, but in a bag , around your neck, next to your skin, so they are kept warm.

Good Luck.