Is camera firmware data included in file?

I have a number of files that were shot on a Sony A9 to which I no longer have access. I need to know which firmware version was installed in the camera when I took the pictures. I read somewhere that there is all kinds of information stored in Sony files (other than just the EXIF data). Does anyone know if the firmware version of the camera is stored in the file (either RAW or JPEG) and, if yes, how to access that information?

TIA

Jon

1 hour ago, jmaxim said:

I have a number of files that were shot on a Sony A9 to which I no longer have access. I need to know which firmware version was installed in the camera when I took the pictures. I read somewhere that there is all kinds of information stored in Sony files (other than just the EXIF data). Does anyone know if the firmware version of the camera is stored in the file (either RAW or JPEG) and, if yes, how to access that information?

TIA

Jon

Yes, it is included.  https://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/install.html   With this exiftool you can read every info stored with the file. You need the original raw file (not a lightroom modified one)

Browsing and the butterfly mind!

For no particular reason, just browsed the exiftool output on a raw file from my a6500. Yes, the firmware version is there "Software" and... it is just amazing how much information is stored.

Among many, many other things, it claims to have both camera and ambient temperature. The camera has an ambient temperature sensor? The number looks reasonable.

6 hours ago, jmaxim said:

Does anyone know if the firmware version of the camera is stored in the file (either RAW or JPEG) and, if yes, how to access that information?

It would never have occurred to me to try and look this up, but you guys got me curious: the firmware version of the body is indeed also visible from within Capture One Pro.

Just for completeness: the firmware version of the lens is not displayed in Capture One Pro, even if the lens does have a firmware of itself, like the 100-400GM does.

No temperatures, though.