Flash triggers for a7II

hotbug1

Hello

This is a very great forum, I'm enjoying it very much, thank you for sharing.

I'm evaluating to move from Canon to Sony, a7II. Pulling my hair looking at the lenses options..... as well..

But something that i can not find easily are flash triggers using Sony MIS system.

I've found promising the Nissin DI700A plus transmitter Air 1...to replace my canon external flash....

But what about the studio strobes....i see on the nissin site the Air R receiver that i guess can work fine firing studio strobes plus the Air i transmitter on the hot shoe camera... Of course only ttl on nissing flash.

But it is not listed on bh or adorama or Amazon.... It is yet released?

Any idea will be great thank you.

Nissin receiver not released yet for Sony. No idea of their compatibility with Sony or other brands of flash units.

Still trying to figure if they work with adapted lenses. I am a big Minolta SR/MC/MD user and except for the native Minolta/Sony flash units, no other combination of off-brand flash or triggers that i know work either in TTL/HSS and even sometimes in manual with adapted lenses.

I am tired of the autocorrecting that replaces Nissin by Nissan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another option to be released is Phottix Odin II for Sony MIS

Up to now all Odin's had the former Minolta/Sony Autolock shoe that requires an adapter except for the Mitros+ flash that can act as a trigger or receiver.

However the Odin/Mitros do not work at all with un-chipped adapted lenses.

B&H Shows Air R in their mobile app now with delivery of 7-14 days.

I also had some communications with Nissin couple of weeks back and they said it will be available in March.

I think at this point Nissin is the most reasonable priced TTL option for multi interface shhoe trigger available on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much guys.

I found this adapter to use with my canon trigger.. Non ttl. only for studio flashes.

Anyway not sure about the data going from the Sony camera to the contacts converted to Canon. . It could be a mess...

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32233494361.html?productId=32233494361&productSubject=Mi-Hot-Shoe-Mount-Adapter-for-SONY-A99-A58-A6000-A7s-A7r-NEX-6-to-Canon&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&site=en

Anyway great news i will wait for the Nissin release, you are correct it looks like the better alternative to fire ttl and non ttl flashes, all in one combo.... And great range overall...

..yes my predictive changes Nissin to Nissan all the time, a well ,

Hi Hotbug,

For my flashes I use the Odin from Phottix and works great even in TTL and High Speed Synch, but as you mention, I haven't actually tried this with strobes and studio lighting.

I do however have a PocketWizard with three remotes and an AC3 on top of the Mini and even though it is all manual, I can adjust the three strobes independently to my liking. I haven't dug enough into the strobe option, because I get along very well with the Nikon designed PW's

Good luck,

Spanish Flyer

http://briansmith.com/godox-announces-sony-x1s-ttl-flash-triggers-flashes/ GoDox have some coming out, however I use METZ AF-1 system which uses Sony's TTL - its excellent.

On the camera I use the AF-64 to talk to the AF-52 via wireless TTL - excellent when I'm out and about in the field. I can't recommend Metz flashes enough, excellent quality.