Manual Control of ISO and Exposure a7RII

pnov

I'm a few weeks in with my a7RII and am slowly getting my head around shooting and coloring using S-LOG2.

The results have been super impressive so far but one thing that I can't seem to figure out is how to manually control my ISO as well as my exposure (using the manual dial) while shooting in Manual (movie) Mode.

For example, I've set my ISO to 3200 and would like to overcompensate let's say +2.0.

But it seems that the only time the exposure dial responds is when the ISO is set to 'Auto' otherwise the camera automatically controls the exposure.

This is driving me crazy, any help would be incredibly appreciated.

But it seems that the only time the exposure dial responds is when the ISO is set to 'Auto' otherwise the camera automatically controls the exposure.
This is driving me crazy, any help would be incredibly appreciated.

I do not shoot video, so my comment may be irrelevant, but anyway....

Are you looking at the monitor (A) while shooting or are you (B) reviewing the result?

If (A) have you Live View on or off?

Can you set iso to the spin wheel on the back by customising the buttons? That is how it was on my A7S.

Hey alast.

Thanks for responding.

I should have mentioned that setting the ISO isn't the problem (I actually have the spin wheel set to control the ISO already which it sounds like you do too) it's the exposure that's not responding.

I do not shoot video, so my comment may be irrelevant, but anyway....

Are you looking at the monitor (A) while shooting or are you ( B) reviewing the result?

If (A) have you Live View on or off?

Hey Christer.

Thanks for responding.

I am looking at the monitor, yes.

And Live View is set to 'on.'

I believe (but could be wrong here) but if you are in manual mode (manual shutter, f stop, iso) then the exposure compensation wheel has no effect at all.

You must manually change at least one of those three items to alter your exposure.

The exposure compensation wheel only works when at least one of those three are not in manual.