Cage for Sony A7ii.

Arty

Hey guys! 

I've run in to a bit of a problem, I want to make a short film and I will probably need to use my A7ii and I wanted to build out a nice rig for it but just realized that its so outdated that there is no cages for it.

So my question is, If I would buy a cage for the A7iii because there is plenty for that, could my A7ii fit in it? I know that the A7ii is smaller because of the np-fw50 battery, so in theory it should fit with a little extra room left in the cage.

Also if you guys have any cage suggestion I should look at I would appreciate it:)

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2023 at 9:35 AM, Arty said:

Hey guys! 

I've run in to a bit of a problem, I want to make a short film and I will probably need to use my A7ii and I wanted to build out a nice rig for it but just realized that its so outdated that there is no cages for it.

So my question is, If I would buy a cage for the A7iii because there is plenty for that, could my A7ii fit in it? I know that the A7ii is smaller because of the np-fw50 battery, so in theory it should fit with a little extra room left in the cage.

Also if you guys have any cage suggestion I should look at I would appreciate it:)

It's probably too small for what you want but I bought a second hand Small rig L-bracket which says it is for a7iii and later but it fits the a7ii perfectly.