A7II SD slot door

A7II. I've used the A7, A7II and A7RII and the only SD door "problem" I've had is it being a little sticky to get open sometimes (never a real issue though). I wonder if those with door problems have doors that are out of tolerance for manufacturing? Has the door always been like this?

A7II. I've used the A7, A7II and A7RII and the only SD door "problem" I've had is it being a little sticky to get open sometimes (never a real issue though). I wonder if those with door problems have doors that are out of tolerance for manufacturing? Has the door always been like this?

Hi.

As for me it has been since beginning but it is becoming more noticeable now.

Due to using heavier lenses. Maybe using a half case will solve the problem.

I would contact Sony and see if they will do a warranty replacement on your battery door. These doors are probably injection molded, some doors are bound to be molded slightly smaller than others (there is normal variation). Sony will have a QA step to weed out the obviously failures, but it might be too permissive and be letting slightly too small doors through. I definitely have no up and down play on my door!

This doesn't account for the heavy lenses thing though. I'm not sure what to make of that. I suppose a crazy heavy lens could possibly deform the camera body, like an Astro-Berlin telephoto with all the weight on the mount. Seems improbable though. 

How heavy are your lenses? I'm assuming that anything really heavy would be mounted directly by a tripod bracket instead of the weight going onto the lens mount? Also, are there any temperature variations that could also be linked to your battery door issue?

I would contact Sony and see if they will do a warranty replacement on your battery door. These doors are probably injection molded, some doors are bound to be molded slightly smaller than others (there is normal variation). Sony will have a QA step to weed out the obviously failures, but it might be too permissive and be letting slightly too small doors through. I definitely have no up and down play on my door!

This doesn't account for the heavy lenses thing though. I'm not sure what to make of that. I suppose a crazy heavy lens could possibly deform the camera body, like an Astro-Berlin telephoto with all the weight on the mount. Seems improbable though. 

How heavy are your lenses? I'm assuming that anything really heavy would be mounted directly by a tripod bracket instead of the weight going onto the lens mount? Also, are there any temperature variations that could also be linked to your battery door issue?

Nothing very heavy. 

The heavies lens I have is the Contax Zeiss 35mm 1.4 

That lens shouldn't damage the lens mount. At least, I hope not! I've used several of the heavier Contax Zeiss lenses (<135mm) without noticing any issues - so if the 35mm is a problem than I am in trouble.