RAW file can not edit from Light Room v.5.7

ariksm

Guest Peter Kelly

I suppose that Adobe are the only ones who might answer your question, but I fear that your wait may be forever.

Ultimately Lightroom is not the quickest beast and it may be that Adobe will not want to support 32bit processing for such large files, so have only updated the 'CC 64bit' version.

If memory serves me, though (please don't quote me!), you can use the latest RAW converter which opens A7Rii files via Photoshop.

Of course, if you want batch workflow software that doesn't really help, so I can only point you in the direction of Capture One.

It is different and, like all software, takes a little time to learn and adapt, but the results are excellent.

Perhaps another option is what I used to do years ago and that is use Bridge with Photoshop.

Very clunky compared to Lightroom, but if you only fully process limited numbers then it will do the job, especially now Bridge has been updated.

I would be surprised if Adobe adds features to the older versions of Lightroom.I upgraded to Lightroom 6 myself to use the uncompressed RAW files.

What´s not so widely advertised however is that if you go for the non-subscription version they leave out little features, like the dehaze filter etc.

Some of which can be enabled through plugins, however still quite annoying.

/A