Eye cup user experience?

Trad

Hi, I have an A7ii and would value any user experience with these eye cups. Are they as comfortable as the standard soft rubber eye cup. Every now and then I find myself squinting, whether it's side light or just plain bright out, and wonder if the $30 is money well spent. Thanks for any replies on how you find it.

A Nikon DK-19 (or one of the cheap Chinese knock-offs as well) costs 1/3rd of the price and does the same thing. You will have to "stretch" it around the original eyepiece, but then it will stay generally put (as long as you don't bang it hard sideways against something).

It is mighty comfortable, a lot more than the standard Sony one, and it will block all the light even in the worst situations like snow covered landscapes, without hindering the eye sensor.

The only problem, but common to every other eyepiece bigger than the super thin original one, is that it will partially block the view of the LCD when you tilt it.

(sorry for the crappy cellphone shot)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Adwb, I was originally looking at the hoodman, but they still haven't released theirs for the A7ii, so I was looking at the unit in the latest classifieds on the main page. Or other options as they present.

Addicted to light, many thanks, how did u come by this interesting option? A past Nikon shooter? With an eyecup just sitting in a drawer? and losing a bit of the screen in tilt is neither here nor there.

Adwb, I was originally looking at the hoodman, but they still haven't released theirs for the A7ii, so I was looking at the unit in the latest classifieds on the main page. Or other options as they present.

Addicted to light, many thanks, how did u come by this interesting option? A past Nikon shooter? With an eyecup just sitting in a drawer? and losing a bit of the screen in tilt is neither here nor there.

I read about it somewhere (sorry but I've long forgotten the original source), and yep as a former Nikon shooter I still have a couple of drawers full of all the small accessories I never bothered selling :)