Sony FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens Experiance

Good morning all,

I will be purchasing a Sony a7 IV pretty soon and am currently considering the Sony FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS lens.  I have been shooting for many years and understand what I am loosing with f/4 vs f/2.8 or faster as well as what I am gaining with the a7 IV in terms of resolution and high ISO performance.  I am currently shooting with a Canon 80D.  What I am asking for is real world experience with this lens as to durability, weatherproofing, sharpness, etc.  If you own this lens or have used one, your opinion is wanted.  I appreciate your time--thank you.

I bought my 24-105 new with an a7rIII 5 years ago and it has been my go-to walk around lens ever since. Quick focus acquisition and very effective optical steady shot performance. Extending the focal length is a bit stiff (unlike GM lenses) but otherwise I can't fault it's performance. Excellent camera/lens balance particularly with the 24mm focus length.

Go for it!

Minolta started making 24-105mm zooms decades ago.  They are the foundation for the Sony models.  I have a Maxxum (a-mount) 24-105mm f3.5/4.5.  It's small but hefty -- with great results.  I like it so much, I have TWO of them.

• 3 weeks later...