battery drops ovenight

adwb

I have my A7R2 in air plane mode to save on battery power but what else is sucking the battery down when not in use and switched off?

does any one know how long memory, copyright info etc is stored if the battery is out? is it stored on a eprom or is there a backup battery inside ?

I have 4 batteries the two that came with and two third party ones, they all hold their power for days and if fitted a week after charging show 100-95 % full so it's not the my batteries self discharging, I am going to leave the camera battery less and see what happens to stored info like the date and location

Guest Peter Kelly

Do you have a grip attached and, primarily, what is the make of grip?

The only time I have had issues with battery drain is when the Meike grips are attached. However, if having them attached is the reason, the base cause might be either a poor implementation by Meike, or some bad protocol from Sony.

It would be interesting to see if we could survey owners to find a possible cause, if not a solution!

Guest Peter Kelly

That's interesting to hear and exonerates Meike!

I'll try mine for a while without any grips and see what happens, although it'll be a good few days to know as I will probably be shooting regularly.