Welcome To All DPReview Members!

Dear former DPReview members!

We know that the news of DPReview's shutdown may have come as a surprise and as a shock, and we understand that many of you may be feeling disappointed. But we want to let you know that here is still a vibrant and active community of photography enthusiasts, and we would like to invite you to join us here at the Sony Alpha Forum.

The Sony Alpha Forum is a place where photographers can…

• connect with each other
  • ask questions
  • share knowledge
  • and discuss all things related to Sony Alpha cameras and lenses.

Our community is made up of passionate photographers who are always eager to help and share their experiences with others.

We offer a wide range of topics, including camera settings, image editing, photography techniques, and more. Our moderators are dedicated to ensuring that the forum remains a respectful and helpful environment for all members. 

We believe that you will find a warm welcome and a wealth of knowledge at the Sony Alpha Forum. So if you are looking for a new community to join, we encourage you to sign up and introduce yourself. We are excited to meet you and to see the amazing photos you create with your Sony Alpha gear.

Introduce yourself!

We would like to extend a special invitation to all former DPReview members to introduce themselves on the Sony Alpha Forum. We understand that making new connections can be daunting, but we assure you that our community is welcoming and eager to get to know new members. By introducing yourself, you will have the opportunity to connect with other former DPReview members and to the broader Sony Alpha community. We encourage you to share a bit about your photography interests and experience, your favorite Sony Alpha gear, and anything else you would like to share. We look forward to hearing from you and to building a strong, supportive community together.

Invite your DPReview friends

If you have friends who were also members of DPReview, we encourage you to invite them to join us at the Sony Alpha Forum as well. The more people we have in our community, the more knowledge, experience, and inspiration we can share with each other. We welcome all former DPReview members and their friends to join us in the discussions, share their photos, and connect with fellow photographers. Together, we can continue to build a vibrant and supportive community for Sony Alpha enthusiasts.

Sincerely,

Andreas & the Sony Alpha Forum team

6 minutes ago, Frodo29 said:

Hi, I joined Dpreview in 2005.

I still don't believe they closed it down.

I shoot real estate and events. I'm way past retirement age, but I still work because it is so much fun! I shoot Sony FF gear.

My web site.

Welcome!

I just visited your website – absolutely great!

I like the interior images but the „personal“ images really touch me…

Andreas

Being devastated by DPreview being shut down, I am pleased to join the Sony Alpha Community. 

I studied B.Sc. Image Science from Westminster University some years ago, before the turn of the century. 

I am the Adobe Gold Certified Dealer in Iceland and have been using Sony cameras since they came out with their first Sony7a mirrorless. 

My work is quite hectic, but I still try to sneak away and get lost in Iceland with some great people. I started administrating photo and video workshops in Iceland 2009. Today it is my hobby and I only travel with private people. ( https://focusonnature.is/ ). 

I look forward to check in here now and then, maybe share some images or participate in discussions, as time allows.

Thank you for offering a dedicated DPR user this platform to connect on.

Einar Erlendsson

9 minutes ago, Einar said:

I am the Adobe Gold Certified Dealer in Iceland and have been using Sony cameras since they came out with their first Sony7a mirrorless. 

That's what I love about my job as forum admin – you get to know so many interesting people from all over the world. Great images on your website too!

Andreas

3 hours ago, SAF Admin said:

Dear former DPReview members!

We know that the news of DPReview's shutdown may have come as a surprise and as a shock, and we understand that many of you may be feeling disappointed. But we want to let you know that here is still a vibrant and active community of photography enthusiasts, and we would like to invite you to join us here at the Sony Alpha Forum.

The Sony Alpha Forum is a place where photographers can…

• connect with each other
  • ask questions
  • share knowledge
  • and discuss all things related to Sony Alpha cameras and lenses.

Our community is made up of passionate photographers who are always eager to help and share their experiences with others.

We offer a wide range of topics, including camera settings, image editing, photography techniques, and more. Our moderators are dedicated to ensuring that the forum remains a respectful and helpful environment for all members. 

We believe that you will find a warm welcome and a wealth of knowledge at the Sony Alpha Forum. So if you are looking for a new community to join, we encourage you to sign up and introduce yourself. We are excited to meet you and to see the amazing photos you create with your Sony Alpha gear.

Introduce yourself!

We would like to extend a special invitation to all former DPReview members to introduce themselves on the Sony Alpha Forum. We understand that making new connections can be daunting, but we assure you that our community is welcoming and eager to get to know new members. By introducing yourself, you will have the opportunity to connect with other former DPReview members and to the broader Sony Alpha community. We encourage you to share a bit about your photography interests and experience, your favorite Sony Alpha gear, and anything else you would like to share. We look forward to hearing from you and to building a strong, supportive community together.

Invite your DPReview friends

If you have friends who were also members of DPReview, we encourage you to invite them to join us at the Sony Alpha Forum as well. The more people we have in our community, the more knowledge, experience, and inspiration we can share with each other. We welcome all former DPReview members and their friends to join us in the discussions, share their photos, and connect with fellow photographers. Together, we can continue to build a vibrant and supportive community for Sony Alpha enthusiasts.

Sincerely,

Andreas & the Sony Alpha Forum team

Thank you Andreas for your warm welcome. I am a former DPreview member.

Very best, Joseph

Hello, I am not an active forum photographer but this may be a new opportunity. For years I have been generating free content in Spanish. Podcast, pdf, tutorials, articles. All of them will be on my website until the end of June, since I have decided to close it since its little use generates costs for me. The web was always developed to put free content online. Perhaps it is time to venture into this forum. I am accompanied by my beautiful A6000 and A7S2. Thank you

https://retratosnocturnos.com.ar/#!/-inicio/

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Andreas and team …Thank you very much for saving all Alpha users in their hour of need !! 
I’m living in Banstead Surrey uk and have been a lifelong photo enthusiast my path to Alpha joy has been Brownie 127,44B , Ilford Advocate , Canon Ae 1, Minolta ( first autofocus) Minolta 7000/ 8000 —- Sony A58 , A77 mk2 , A99 , all still owned . I’m looking for an A99 mark 2 for under £1000 . I have many vintage Minolta lenses and current Sony and Tamron/ Sigma 2 . 
I’m amazed ( and depressed!!) by the quality of smartphone cameras . If you take the phone apart , the camera section is the size of a postage stamp and replacement cost is about £85 !!! Unreal . 

I'm a returning member - as a Pro photographer I did desert to DP Review ( sorry about that) I'm back now and hopefully be accepted as a contributing member and re-establish myself here :) 

Good to be home amongst Sony users 

Les

Thank you for the kind invitation as an ex DPR member. Although devastated by the demise of DPR, I suppose we move on as we observe the ramifications of corporate greed. 

I am a retired engineer based in Austin, Texas and am a Brit by birth having moved to the US in 1993. I have been taking photographs for over 55 years and have always been an enthusiastic amateur who occasionally makes money by providing a service. I think of photography as the perfect fusion of science and art.

Primarily a photographer with some video being added steadily over time (hence the Panasonic noted below), I currently shoot Sony (A7RIVa and A7IV- my wife’s camera) with mostly Tamron lenses and the odd Sony lenses and Panasonic (S5II). I started the digital world with Canon but find the current RF series too bulky and lens options too limiting so sold my R5 (I had moved to the R5 from the 5D mk IV) . I started Sony with the A7RII. I have also been through the Nikon Z6 and Z7 but they never gelled with me.

I look forward to benefiting from the experience of your members and hopefully sharing some of my own experiences that may be of use to the other members.

Currently debating the merits of upgrading my RIVa to an RV. Would love to hear other people’s views although in the end it is often difficult to decide until you have the camera in hand and are actually taking pictures with it.

Hi all, and thanks for the invitation Andreas and co...

I've been a member of the soon-to-be-former DPReview for many years, and as an active contributor there had posted over 5k messages through the years. I'll be sorry to see it go, as it has been a vibrant community.

I've been shooting Sony gear for around seven years now, and my current cameras, FWIW, are the a7Riii and the a1, along with various G and GM primes and zooms. Various example of my photos can be found at the links in my sig, if anyone is interested.

I look forward to seeing some of the same 'faces' - along with some unfamiliar ones - here, and I hope it will prove to be a good place for discussion, exchange and information.

1 minute ago, markku55 said:

Will all of the present DPReview content conserning Sony be included also in the SONY ALPHA A FORUM? 

Sorry no. This is something we can't do for several reasons: Copyright, incompatible data structures etc.

What I understood is that a volunteer team from archive.org is working on archiving everything and to make it read-only accessible.

Andreas

Welcome Everybody,

I have been a member of Dpreview since 2017, and I learned a lot there. I hope I can learn some new skills here as well. 

I wonder if there is a way to attach a bigger sized image than 1000 kB.

Cheers, 

DRFZs

Hey old & new friends,

Another ex DPR'er here.

I have been taking pictures for the last 50 years. Before diving into Sony FF cameras, I went the m43 route for a number of years, before that APS-C, etc etc.

Looking forward to learning more, every day...