delete all option on the 6300

recently upgraded from the 6000. want to delete images from memory card without formatting - because I don't want to reconfigure my memory settings every time I format the memory card.

User's Guide page 184 says one option in Menu - playback - delete indicates there are 3 options:

Multiple Img

All with this date

All in this folder

Problem is I do not see the third option. Am I missing something?

As background, I understand that M1- M4 are stored on the memory card but if you format your memory card it also deletes saved memory settings. Even the 6300 user's guide has a "hint" as to the best practice of formatting the memory card rather than deleting images.

Thank you.

Mark

Try "All in this folder" and see if it works.

That's the option I do not have.

I have the other 2 options but not this one.

Do other 6300 users have all three options? If so, why would mine be different since there is no firmware update available.

If you set just 1 and 2 as Memory buttons, then are remembered by the camera even if you format the card.  If you use any of M1,2,3,4 selections, those are written to the card.

I have 1 set up to bracket photos and have formatted my card several times and it still works as I set it.

Hope this helps.

If you set just 1 and 2 as Memory buttons, then are remembered by the camera even if you format the card.  If you use any of M1,2,3,4 selections, those are written to the card.

I have 1 set up to bracket photos and have formatted my card several times and it still works as I set it.

Hope this helps.

It does and thank you.

Can you do me a favor and look at your 6300 menu to see if you have this:

while viewing images press Menu -> playback -> delete

Multiple Img

All with this date

All in this folder

or, as my 6300 does, do you only have this:

Multiple Img

All with this date

The user manual says we have all three but my 6300 only has these two options.

It does and thank you.

Can you do me a favor and look at your 6300 menu to see if you have this:

while viewing images press Menu -> playback -> delete

Multiple Img

All with this date

All in this folder

or, as my 6300 does, do you only have this:

Multiple Img

All with this date

The user manual says we have all three but my 6300 only has these two options.

Glad I could help.  My Menu option only shows the two options also, but I only have a photo I took this morning to test it.  I'm wondering if you have photos taken on more than one day, the camera will give you the three options?  It's so smart, it wouldn't surprise me.  Will test that and see.

You have to set up FOLDERS to be able to see that 3rd option you're not currently seeing. (I dump mine directly from the card when connected to computer after transferring.)

So here's the answer:

While in Preview, press menu then View Mode

View mode was set to "Date View" which then will have the "All with this date" option

I needed to change View Mode to "Folder View(Still) in order to see the option "All in this folder"

Simple as that  :rolleyes:

I had read it was / is the best practice to format the card rather than continue to delete images so I was doing that on the 6000.  But with the option to save M1-M4 configurations on the card I was looking for a way to delete images without wiping out my saved M1-M4 presets.  The interesting thing is even Sony includes the Hint to format the folder rather than deleting images....

Anyway, everyone thanks for your help.

• 6 years later...
On 5/11/2016 at 4:29 PM, janelux said:

Glad I could help.  My Menu option only shows the two options also, but I only have a photo I took this morning to test it.  I'm wondering if you have photos taken on more than one day, the camera will give you the three options?  It's so smart, it wouldn't surprise me.  Will test that and see.

Go to Play Mode select cancel "Protect Images" and now view mode you can see delete all option