Welcome To All DPReview Members!

So sorry to see DPR disappear. I have found it valuable over the many years I have taken my hobby seriously.

I am primarily an outdoor photographer, landscape and travel being my favourite subjects, including buildings and wild flowers as well as scenery. I have 4 Sony cameras, each for its own specifics: an RX100 iii for when low weight is important, an RX10 iv for its superb all-in performance and amazing quality for a small capter, and an A 7Rii for when the ultimate quality is needed and the weight of all the lenses isn't critcal; recently on a safari, the new FE100-400 proved inself to be superb. An a6000 remains unsold because it is a spare  'just in case"!

My name is Marc; I was an avid Minolta  and A mount photographer. All my lens were prime Minoltas and more recently Sony prime A mounts… my most recent body was the extraordinary A99 (A mount)… then the E mount ruined my day… so I got an RX100vii and appreciated its light weight and RAW…

That was until the La-ae5 came out so I’m back to buying new equipment; I love the a7iv and I can again use all my A mounts ! 

By the way, I only do photography. Visit me on Flickr…

Cheers, Marc 

Would it be possible to have a 'Dark Reading Mode' as a user choice, as in DPReview? In other words, white text on dark background. It might sound trivial, but the current dark text on white background is glaringly bright. (Yes, I have turned the brightness and contrast down).

Thanks for the invite and the place to share.  Teaching photography for over 30 years I have found forums so engaging in sharing knowledge and helpful in solving student problems.  I had checked almost daily DPReview  information since becoming a member in September of 2007.  I can't believe Amazon doesn't realize this resource.  I don't believe I have done anything more daily and repetitive except maybe checking my email.   I hope I have found my new home for sharing knowledge for at least the next 16 years 🥳. www.christopherbroughton.com

Welcome to all the new members!

Looking forward to your posts and images…

11 hours ago, dunnerdoitmon said:

Would it be possible to have a 'Dark Reading Mode' as a user choice, as in DPReview?

Out of the box: Sorry no.

The software provider (Invision Community) has no good built-in option for that.

Depending on which browser you use, there are several plug-ins that might help.

Andreas

Like so many other former DPR members  I had been with DPR for many many years.  I found the biggest benefit to using that site was tech support opinions.  Real-world use and problem solving via crowd-sourcing has always been for me, the most reliable method to solve any problem, both hardware (Sony and strobes in my case), and software related to image processing/manipulation.

I just joined and started posting on https://dprforum.com.   Seems like the site is still needing to gain traction.  Hope it builds it's user base asap!

I have been innocently neglectful of the sonyalpha site; just forgot it was there even though I've been a member since I got into Sony gear 5 years ago.  Sonyalpha is now bookmarked and will see regular view from me.

Edited by Ski542002
forgot a line of copy.