Firmware Update_ILCE7RM2V110 Does Not Install

mkg3

Anyone on Mac OS X 10.10.5 having trouble installing the update?

I cannot get past the first step, where the firmware is trying to verify the camera.

The card is removed and the USB is set to Mass Storage.

Any help is really appreciated.

Also, a quick google returned a thing called Mac OS X 10.10 Driver Loader but not sure if its appropriate for this camera.  I believe its for a camcorder DL100.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone on Mac OS X 10.10.5 having trouble installing the update?

I cannot get past the first step, where the firmware is trying to verify the camera.

The card is removed and the USB is set to Mass Storage.

Any help is really appreciated.

Also, a quick google returned a thing called Mac OS X 10.10 Driver Loader but not sure if its appropriate for this camera.  I believe its for a camcorder DL100.

Thanks in advance.

Sony screwed up by not listing the uploader on http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=ILCE7RM2&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/downloadTab

Go to http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=ILCE7R&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/downloadTab

and get the 

File Description UPDATE Mac OS X 10.10 Driver Loader Release Date 12/10/2014 Version na File Size 602.56 KB

DOWNLOAD

This utility installs the necessary application needed for software updates if you are running Mac® OS X 10.10.

This installs on your Mac (not camera) and enables updating the camera.

Best,

Marty

Definitely try more than one computer. I was unable to complete the update on my Mac Pro, but able to on the Macbook Pro. Both running 10.8.5. Coming from Canon I wish Sony would just give us an update we can load on the SD card and stick it straight into the camera and leave the variables of computers and their operating systems out of the picture!

Definitely try more than one computer. I was unable to complete the update on my Mac Pro, but able to on the Macbook Pro. Both running 10.8.5. Coming from Canon I wish Sony would just give us an update we can load on the SD card and stick it straight into the camera and leave the variables of computers and their operating systems out of the picture!

Completely agree about updating directly from a card - leaving PS aside.

My 1st Sony camera and could not believe I had to connect it via USB to a computer.  Coming from Nikon, I too, am used to loading the firmware onto a card and let the camera do the rest....

• 5 weeks later...

I'm happy to report that I have installed Update_ILCE7RM2V200 on a Mac Pro running El Capitan final release (v.10.11.1) successfully. To be sure, I used the Driver Loader from Sony for OS X v. 10.10. I have no idea if the latter is really necessary using the system software updater for the a7RII firmware v.2.0. I've temporarily bricked several different Sony models previously (a year and a half and a year ago) using Sony's Rube Goldberg software updates for firmware on an older version of the OS X (10.9), and wasn't taking chances (I retrieved all but one camera from oblivion by re-trying the software update on an old Mac Mini running OS X v.10.5). There was no retrieving a brand new RX100M3, without sending ti to the Sony Service Center in Texas. FWIW, they sent it back, overnight express, with the new firmware installed in full working order on the same day they received it. You'd think it would be cheaper to re-code their updates to be read from a memory card.