Sony A7ii-Menu button fault

Recently (within the last couple of days) made my first foray into the Sony world and picked up a new A7ii. Started to test it out and get used to the buttons, options and all the settings, all good until I realised I could no longer access the menu button. Everything else appears to be working fine, I can still take images and so forth yet no menu for some reason.

I have already tried taking out the battery and SD card and leaving it for a while, initially I thought this had worked as when I turned it back on and tried the menu button it worked but only very briefly. The firmware is updated, its had no water damage its not even left the house yet and has reached the grand total of 5 images taken...

Any ideas, is this a known issue or am I being a complete novice and doing something wrong? I am new to this so entirely possible. Id be really disappointed If I have to send it back, already picked up a nice tripod 50mm lens and a bunch of other shiny things to get myself set up.

Any assistance would be most appreciated. 

• 3 weeks later...

Assuming that you bought a new A7II from a reputable vendor with a return policy, you should return your camera and ask for a replacement.  Menu function should be available at all times when the camera is powered on and to operate the camera without it would be a way too big of a handicap to work around - return it asap.