Full Sensor vs Having Stabilization???

map-it

Is it typically better to invest in a Sony Full Frame Camera knowing the stabilization is only available in the zoom lens and all of the fixed faster lens do not have stabilization or go with the a6000 due to the fact the fixed lens are stabilized?

Looking to build a camera system to take landscape photographs some street photography and record HD Video for content on website.

I have  a6000 package on the way with the 35mm prime and the 55-210 tele lens but looking I could get into a used A7 with the Kit lens for about the same money.

Which would be a better investment for me in the long run.

I have no photography equipment as my last camera was a Cannon EOS 35mm in 1996.

Thanks for the help...!!!!

Stabalization is less valuable at wide angles like those below 50mm (as often used in street and landscapes), so shouldn't be the major factor in your consideration. That said it would be somewhat useful in video. The two camera's video quality is otherwise similar. Autofocus, lowlight results and lens options are really what separate the two:

Autofocus:

The A6000 has faster and more comprehensive autofocus.

Lowlight:

If much of that street photography is done at night, a full frame A7 would be significantly better if paired with a 28mm FE lens (same price as the 35mm E).

Lenses:

The A7 kit lens is stabalised (has OSS in the name). But if you want the extreme telephoto reach of that 55-210mm, the A6000 could be the only choice since something similar for A7 is ~$900 or more.

Note the A6000's 1.5x crop factor: that "35mm" lens will act like a 53mm and the 55-210 is an 83-315mm.

So for the time being the KIT lens with OSS could be used for filming and in low light wildlife photos and landscape stuff at dawn and dusk the A7 would have a big advantage as well being able to be fitted with other manufactures glass.

Plus the A7 has an audio out unlike the a6000.

If the stabilization is not a big deal and the bigger zooms seem to have it the A7 might be a little better.

I would think the 70-200mm FE lens would blow the 55-210mm lens out of the water in quality....

I'm just leary of investing a ton of money in cropped glass as I thin the FE Cameras are here to stay and SONY will probably support the FE line with more lens over the cropped camera line??...

So for the time being the KIT lens with OSS could be used for filming and in low light wildlife photos and landscape stuff at dawn and dusk the A7 would have a big advantage[...]

Vs the 55-210 yes, A7+kitlens will be noticeably better in low light. However the "slow" aperture of the kit lens will still compromise it a bit.
Vs the 35mm no, that lens's f1.8 is more than enough to make up for the A6000's smaller sensor, hence me mentioning the f2.0 28mm FE option.

[...] as well being able to be fitted with other manufactures glass.

Plus the A7 has an audio out unlike the a6000.

If the stabilization is not a big deal and the bigger zooms seem to have it the A7 might be a little better.

I would think the 70-200mm FE lens would blow the 55-210mm lens out of the water in quality....

I'm just leary of investing a ton of money in cropped glass as I thin the FE Cameras are here to stay and SONY will probably support the FE line with more lens over the cropped camera line??...

A6000 will accept adapted glass as readily as the A7 does.

The 70-200 is indeed noticeably better than 55-210, but since you were considering A6000 I assumed the budget might be more in line with the cheaper 24-240mm FE (instead of kitlens) plus a 28mm FE at the most if you did need the telephoto range.

Stabilization is nice at all lengths but gets really worthwhile past 50mm. Note for video work, neither lens nor body stabilization is sufficient to dampen handheld walking, something like this makes far more of a difference.

While Sony won't abandon crop "E" any time soon, they will certainly emphasize full frame "FE". A wise strategy, because camera phones will only continue to improve.