How resilient is the sensor on a6500?

As I understand it, the sensor has a filter placed overtop, so the sensor itself doesn't actually get touched when cleaned. I've cleaned the sensor in the past with cleaning mode first, and then resorted to a rocket blower next. If the dust is still present, I'll use a clean, soft lens brush to gently sweep away any dust, and then use the rocker blower again. When all else fails, I resort to the cleaning solution in the sensor cleaning kit. The last time I did this, it left streaks all over the sensor, so I performed the clean again to take care of any residue left behind. It all looks fine, and I don't see any scratches, but how often can this be done before it starts showing up in images (if ever)?

The streaks in most cases are resulting from incomplete removal of the cleaning solution. They go away with a second pass.

Unless you are very rough or you flood the sensor with fluid, it is quite difficoult to damage it and to remove specks usually you don't need to make a lot of pressure with the wand. Just be gentle.

The sensor cover glass is ment to protect the sensor, but is not immune to abrasion. Your methods therefore sound sensible: gentle methods first, rigourous methods last. I also hold the camera with the mount pointed down while using the rocket blower, so any loose dust is more likely to fall out of the sensor chamber. Apart from the risk of scratching the glass, I expect there to be some sort of anti-reflective coating on the cover glass, which might also wear if cleaned too often. But we're talking weekly/monthly wet cleans for years on end here.