Hey Guys, i have Some questions.

So im not a expert and need Some advice, i have the Sony A7 camera and want a 35mm 1.8 lens, but there are so Many options and i dont know what to pick. I want a budget model if possible, ive seen this one but Some say it wont work well on the a7, why is this?

https://www.foka.nl/product/12173006/sony-sal-35mm-f-1-8-sal35f18-ae-?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu8LL67fp2gIVEBQbCh3XNQkuEAQYASABEgJETvD_BwE

Thanks!

So im not a expert and need Some advice, i have the Sony A7 camera and want a 35mm 1.8 lens, but there are so Many options and i dont know what to pick. I want a budget model if possible, ive seen this one but Some say it wont work well on the a7, why is this?

https://www.foka.nl/product/12173006/sony-sal-35mm-f-1-8-sal35f18-ae-?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu8LL67fp2gIVEBQbCh3XNQkuEAQYASABEgJETvD_BwE

Thanks!

That's because the Sony A7 cameras have an E-Mount, whereas the linked lens is for an A-Mount. For your proposed lens, you would need an adapter, which may degrade performance, image quality, compatibility or all of those. Besides, having to buy an additional adapter would somehow defeat the desired budget solution.

For a start, you may want to checkout the following lens database. It has both rankings based on uniform tests performed, as well as prices at launch time of each lens.

Be sure to choose "FE-Mount" (full frame E-Mount) as the mount type.

Guest Jaf-Photo

The A7 is a budget camera but there aren't too many budget lenses to go with it.

If you are prepared to use manual focus only, you can use third party lenses or adapted vintage lenses to save money.

But if you're looking to buy a selection of budget lenses, it could be worth considering a second camera. For instance, you can buy a Sony A-Mount camera and lenses to go with it for very little money. Or you could consider the smaller sensor NEX or A6000 cameras.

Thanks!

There are so many options?? I don't think so. In fact, there is no full frame 35mm F1.8 with AF for Sony E-Mount. You will need to use an adapter or go with a smaller aperture (e.g. the Samyang 35mm F2.8 FE).

Keep your life simple and check out the Sony FE lenses, the 28/2 and 50/1.8 are fairly well priced, the 35/2.8 has additional Zeiss branding ... still a good price may be possible.

Thanks alot guys! alot of things i dont know yet, i will let you know what i will buy!

I was in your position when I first got into Sony and I purchased the FE 35mm 2.8 Zeiss lens.  It is moderately expensive but can be found reasonably reduced on Ebay used market.  It is a TINY little thing but a nice optic very useful for everyday photography, landscapes, etc.

Don't have that lens myself, but for the price it should be well worth it. Some reviewers say it is on par with the Zeiss 35/2.8 lens. Only drawback I found is the somewhat cheap build quality and noisy autofocus motor.