upgrading from a77

I would like to upgrade from my a77 but do not know if Sony is going to support A mounts. so what are my options. get the A77ii or what.  their is no news from Sony and the A7 line although full frame doesn't have the bells and whistles the A77 has.  I shoot landscapes and sports I have a couple fixed 2.8 lenses which is why I am concerned.

Does anybody else wonder why they keep calling the E mount  cameras alpha?  when I think of alpha cameras I think A mount. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hairy, 

I also have an A77, and I am looking to upgrade at some point so, I am in the same situation. 

I have rented the A77II twice now and do enjoy shooting with it. However, I am torn between it and going with something in the A7 series (A7R, A7RII, etc). Which are an option with the adapters for A-mount to E-mount bodies. Currently I am evaluating my "needs" and if I need that kind of camera.

Now there are discussions of a new A99 which may be an option depending on how it stacks up against the others since it wouldn't require an adapter. 

Not sure I helped but, wanted you to know you weren't alone in your dilemma  ;)

And I agree with you on the "Alpha" branding  :)

Cj

I have an A99.  Having used both the A77 and A99, I can say the A99 is better at almost everything.  The only thing it does not do so well is frames per second.

For a full frame A mount camera, it is very light. Its a few years old now, but I'll be using it until it dies.  Which will probably be in another 5 years or more.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jaf-Photo

The A77II is a revelation in a camera. You can find good deals on it regularly and it has plenty performance to last you for years. By then you'll know what's up with A-mount.