A7R2 Shutter Modes in Super Slo-Motion

Actually, Sony recommends that you sandblast the sensor after each lens change for best results.

Been considering the same body combination just for slow-mo. Do you think the RX100mkIV is worth it for that one use? I was kind of worried by some of the limitations, particularly focus and exposure locking. 

Actually, Sony recommends that you sandblast the sensor after each lens change for best results.

Been considering the same body combination just for slow-mo. Do you think the RX100mkIV is worth it for that one use? I was kind of worried by some of the limitations, particularly focus and exposure locking. 

I'm a huge fan of the RX100 cameras and have had every version, so I was going to get the Mark 4 no matter what, but the killer difference for me was the HFR (high frame rate).  That said, at 960 FPS, image quality is pretty poor, as you can see in my video. Even focus is difficult, as you can see in my video (sorry).   480 FPS is slightly better, but  still not that great.  When you get to 240 FPS, you get HD quality and things start looking pretty good.   I guess it's up to you to decide how you're going to use it, and if it's worth it to upgrade.  But I was surprised by the poor image quality at those higher frame rates, and am sure that's something Sony will address with future versions.  They pretty much have to. 

But on the plus side, the (5-minute limted) 4k video is great, and the stills quality is absolutely amazing for such a small little camera.  I'm happy with my upgrade over the Mark 3.