My SonyDSLT A77 Noise while recording

I am loosing my skull here. I reset my SONYDSLTA77 and still have shutter and auto focus noise when I hit record. What is the fix?????? Why put a camera on the market with HD recording when it ruins anything you record with internal gadgetries> Please help! Cheers

I see the Bot reply ad that when I clicked it took me to Amazon shopping site. LOL. I have never nor ever will buy anything online. So my original question I hope can be answered by a Pro on this Forum. Cheers!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• I use Luminar 4 to edit my RAW files from my A7rV. Because Luminar doesn't technically "recognize" the A7rV files, I first convert to DNG using the free Adobe DNG Converter. I does mean another step, but seems to work nicely
    • Yes, that helps a lot, thank you! I feel like I have a relatively good grasp on how the cameras perform. And in the end, the jump to FF is more about how much of a scene I can capture. I'm finding that some shots are a bit tight, and having that extra wiggle room, even if it means cropping a bit in post, is an attractive option. That and a shallower DOF when framing the subject the same on a FF sensor.
    • Correct Only when viewed / printed at the same size will the A7Rv image look cleaner. If the image from the A7Rv is printed to a size 1.5x wider and taller than the a6700 image, both images will look equally noisy when viewed from the same distance. This benefit is largely overrated, especially for stills photography. Yes, the pixels from the A7Siii are a lot cleaner than those from the A7iii, but if you downsample the 24 MP image from the A7iii to 12 MP, you'll find that the noise in both images will be the same. For video, the A7Siii shoots native 4k with full sensor readout. This is an advantage compared to higher MP cameras which have to crop or bin to get 4k footage. This is why the A7Siii is mostly video centric. Correct: if you stitch 3 vertical images from the a6700 together you pretty much mimic an A7Riv sensor, with identical dynamic range. Hope I freed the squirrel a bit there.
  • Topics