Best compact bag for A7ii + Lens

I'm going through the endless lists of bags trying to find a super-compact one to hold the A7ii with the 16-35mm Zeiss lens and a prime 35mm or 55mm lens, plus charger and extra battery. Has anyone found something that's super compact, functional, and not too terrible looking (like a lot of camera bags are)?

Guest all8

Taste is personal; I have a Lowepro Flipside Sport 10L which is very versatile (fits 70-200 + 2 or 3 primes); and a Fogg bag (which also fits the 70-200 minus the lens hood + 2 or 3 primes. Often I select a lens, leave the bag at the hotel, and wrap the camera in a Pelle half case - works well too.

I have been using this one from 100AW Beltpack fromLowePro:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/563898-REG/Lowepro_LP35233_PEU_Inverse_100_AW_Beltpack.html

I cam fit the A7Mkii with the 55MM f1.8, 35MM f2.8, and 70-200 f4 L.  It is a little tight with the zoom but works.  And this case has a shoulder strap included.  Several pockets too.

My whole purpose in getting this camera was to downsize my gear and I'm happy with the outcome and improved performance with the Sony full-frame system.

I just purchased this bag from sony online-model LCS-SL20, its a great bag, fits a7m2, 70-200, 2 nikon ai lenses, and cleaning gear very nicely, and is very comfortable to carry, highly functional, i like it a lot.

It is just right size wise. Seems well tailored too so far. Just a great little bag.

It looks cool too. 

www.sony.com.au/product/lcs-sl20

I wrote one of the reviews of it on the sony site i liked it so much, the top flap opens away from you thus affording some protection from the elements whilst interchanging lenses inside the bag, thus preventing potential dust & detritus on the sensor or lenses, and it is well padded.

For your needs try this: http://www.lowepro.com/bagfinder

(maybe it's just an inspiration)

I'll have:

For A7 + 90/2.8 I'll take http://store.lowepro.com/adventura-tlz-30-ii

For A7 + 55/1.8 It's http://store.lowepro.com/rezo-tlz-10

(works with 1-2 additional batteries and the cable)

For A7 + several Lenses, tripod and a small studio with 3 flashes and tripods I'll swear on http://www.mindshiftgear.com/products/rotation180-professional

Using this also for hicking or as daily backpack if I'll take more than 2 lenses with me.

I like the Messenger bag style because it doesn't scream "HEY! I'M A CAMERA BAG!

it just looks like a shoulder bag that could have anything in it.

This bag allows me to carry the bare minimum for normal daily life, but not for special occasions or photo expeditions when I want all my equipment handy. In that case I have special bags and backpacks for those occasions.

19550230632_0a5548e4fb_h.jpg

18935842023_a6eec5ce02_n.jpg

19370229029_c115050619_n.jpg

19556738325_d368bc6ec6_n.jpg

19370234489_00221a9a65_n.jpg

19530619426_f91811dbe0_n.jpg

Crappy images brought to you by Verizon's cheapest cell phone. ;)

I just purchased this bag from sony online-model LCS-SL20, its a great bag, fits a7m2, 70-200, 2 nikon ai lenses, and cleaning gear very nicely, and is very comfortable to carry, highly functional, i like it a lot.

It is just right size wise. Seems well tailored too so far. Just a great little bag.

It looks cool too. 

www.sony.com.au/product/lcs-sl20

I wrote one of the reviews of it on the sony site i liked it so much, the top flap opens away from you thus affording some protection from the elements whilst interchanging lenses inside the bag, thus preventing potential dust & detritus on the sensor or lenses, and it is well padded.

I like the LCS-SL20 also. I like it's layout.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have atleast 10 camera bags . But one could not do what the other did . I don't do photography for living , its just a passion / hobby . So i have to do a normal  day job & however , when i am done for the day i can't run back home to collect my gear , as some of the most glorious light happens in the evening when i am returning from work. With the normal bags , they look pretty obvious & the tripod necessarily has to be carried outside & is pretty visible . So when i carry my camera & equipment , i needed that to be unobtrusive , even when i go  for meetings during the day time . Its then that i hit up on the vanguard . Just check out the Vanguard Veo series Bag. It also fits a tripod in the bottom of the bag , while the Vanguard Tripod is good , I replaced it with the "three legged thing " tripod "Brian". Its probably the best camera + Bag + tripod combination . I could keep my Sony A7ii, 24-70 F 4 , 70-200 F 4 sony + 10-18 F 4 sony . The sony 70-200 stretches the bag a little too much , but any other smaller lens like the 16-35 nikkor or sony 16-35 or 28-300mm  will fit into the bag apart from the other 2 lenses mentioned, pretty comfortably. The bag also has space for a whole host of other essentials like filters , batteries etc  . Further you can also slip in an IPAD . I don't think  you can ask for more.  When i had gone for my normal business to Australia from Dubai ( where i stay ) . I took this combination & believe me , i did not regret . Normally i am a nikon D810  shooter. But this time around i fell for the ease with which i could carry this bag around ( due to compact form factor of the camera) and accomplish similar results. I have been having the A7ii for the last 6-8 months , but was never convinced to use it enough, esply because of the start up time as compared to Nikon is slow ( i am a candid street photo enthusiast - so short start up time helps in catching the moment ) & another reason for slow adoption was the narrow  choice of lenses . But slowly & steadily the Sony seems to be growing on me , more so after i got this bag . I should say that the build quality is not like think tank, hope somebody makes a similar design to that quality .