AKKanMan

iPadOS & Sony a7iii problems

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has anyone else updated their iPad to the newest public beta of iPadOS and is having trouble importing photos in the Photo app or viewing photos in the files app. I shoot with an a7iii and connect my SD card using the Apple USB-C to SD card adapter.

HI: I have the same issue with my a6400. It was working  great on my iPad and iPhone out of the sudden it stopped working. I did get a camera replacement and a Ronin SC. I've spent a ton of time with Apple and Sony. They don't know ANYTHING! 🤬

Edited by eurolatin2000
typo

I noticed the same issue after updating to IOS 13. I have to reboot the iPad, while the apple card reader adapter its still connected. A reboot seems to solve the problem.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By HamsGruber
      Greetings all,
      I couldn't find an answer to these problems I have been having lately with the A7iii, so hopefully you guys can help!
      I am shooting real estate on an A7iii with a 16-35 Zeiss F4 and a Godox V860ii-s hot shoe flash in TTL mode. Here are my problems: For one, if I leave the camera in auto white balance and even on a tripod, the camera will produce two completely different images if I take two pictures. One shot will be properly balanced color and the other will be all orange/red. 
      The other issue I have is with my exposure and the communication from the A7iii to the flash. My colleague shoots using a Nikon Z6 and Canon EOS-R. Both cameras have native 16-35 F4 lenses on them and both are using the same hot shoe light. What's frustrating me is, despite setting all 3 cameras to 1/30, F8 and ISO 640, his Nikon and EOS-R produce far better exposed shots than my A7iii. It's obviously not the lenses or our exposure settings, so I must have missed a hidden setting on the A7iii menu system or the communication between the A7iii and the Godox flash.
      Either way, I'm frustrated with having to either crank the ISO to 1,600-2,000 or waste time/money with figuring out the manual flash settings on the Godox for each room of the house.
      Is there any advice anyone can give me to help solve these issues?
    • By D.R. Smith
      Hi.  I’m trying to find an affordable lens for my A7III that I can attach and walk around the neighborhood with. I live in a semi-rural area so I want something that will be good for landscape shots too.  Id prefer not to carry around a large lens on my walks. If anyone has any suggestions I’d be very appreciative. 
      Thanks
    • By Mikehh
      Still working how to move my Nikon workflow over to Sony.
      A gripe I'm having is the SD backup in camera.
      I have an UHS2 card in slot 1. UHS1 in slot 2.
      They write and clear the buffer at the exact same rate.
      I did a little test and filled the buffer (about 55 compressed raw shots) and it took around 36 seconds to dump to both cards. And I could see on screen both cards dumped at the same rate.
      Taking slot 2 card out, leaving just the uhs2 card. 60 shots cleared in 24 seconds.
      So....I just wasted money on uhs 2 cards or am I missing something?
      I'd have thought the slot 2 dump would just happen in the back ground. Maybe grabbing from slot 1 so the buffer can just clear quickly.
    • By Sigmund
      Have just got my new Sony A7 III. I'm having trouble with too much echo/reverb when using external microphone. When recording in an environment where there should be no echo at all (e.g in a forest with snow) it sounds that it was recorded inside an empty room. I use a Røde VideoMic Pro when recording. I also tried other mic's with the same result. When recording with the same mic's on my smartphone, the sound is normal. Is this normal to A7 III? Anyone else with similar experience? 
      Example 1 https://youtu.be/Cj1RuHhTFbM (listen when closing car doors)
      Example 2 https://youtu.be/2UENFIC47xU
      Regards
      Sigmund M.
    • By fredd_90
      Hello
      My Sony ILCE-7M3 wont start, probably something that very wrong?

I use original Sony battery for the moment, have also tried with 3-party batteries but the same message appear...
      Message: Incompatible Battery, Use correct model. When I charge, the charge indicator led flashing fast(orange).

I dont have any battery door, because it was removed when the vertical battery grip was used, just sold the grip and one of my objective..... and now it won't even start with original battery.
      I have loosen the metal cover under the camera to see possibility to moisture but nothing there.... have not dropped the camera..

The battery is charged to 7.2volt

Please help me😥👎

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • Hi All, I realise it might be a newbie question but I am used to old analogue cameras and film or Nikon cameras rather than fancy cameras like A7III. I recently got this camera as a present in a set with Sigma Art 24mm. What I've noticed is that my photos when I'm zooming in are VERY pixelated.  Photos from a Nikon camera, with similar zoom is much smoother. Is it something typical for Sony cameras? Is it something I can change in settings? It bugs me as any skin corrections are really
    • I use my Sony Nex-6 with a variety of Nikon lens in the aperture priority mode with Release Without Lens activated and focus peaking. Recently I have tried to use the built-in flash in low light situations with dismal results. When I press the shutter button the flash does not emit a single flash and instead appears to flash three or four times in quick succession resulting in the image being grossly over-exposed. I have the flash set to the Slow Sync Mode. I  am inexperience
    • Hi there, I’m a new planespotting enthusiast with an a7iii and some budget to invest in a good lens. I cannot find a definitive answer on whether to go for the 100-400 or the 70-200 f2.8 (possibly with a teleconverter). This is for commercial jet planes at airports mainly.    Is my understanding correct that if I’m shooting around f8 to keep whole aircraft in focus the faster 70-200 doesn’t really help me, but that f8 on both these lenses will be about the same?    Thanks!
    • Hi, guys, I use an Android app which uses my phone's camera and applies some realtime effects to the footage. Unfortunately my phone camera is not good enough and there is not zoom option. Therefore I want to use my Sony a7iii camera with a 85mm lens attached to it and live stream directly to the phone. Is there a hack to achieve this? Sony Imaging edge software is capable of showing a realtime footage of what the camera sees. Unfortunately I don't know how to redirect this footage to the
    • Astrophotographer alert.https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8171245/Mysterious-comet-TWICE-size-Jupiter-set-light-night-sky.html?fbclid=IwAR11EBushe3XFs8ZJVZV5_7W9pDIard6GIUk0Db6LjqouRzRqs1gfqgm_g4