james90

A6500 blinking pixels - do I have a problem?

HI

When attaching a manual lens via an adapter to my A6500, I get a multitude of multi-coloured, blinking pixels on the lcd screen. These are also visible through the viewfinder.

When using a native Sony lens, this 'display' shows up briefly when the AF/MF button is pressed.

I have had the camera three weeks and never noticed this on my previous A6000 so I'm guessing this isn't the norm.

Anybody encountered this?

Rgds

Hi Liveshots

No, not focus peaking, but I can see why you might think that from my dumb description.

I first noticed this when I put the lens & adapter on - the lens cap was still on by the way, so no focusing going on. In fact, just turning the camera on with a body cap in place produces the same result.

See pretty poor video

Interesting, for some reason the "display" looks like I have seen it before, but can't recall the circumstances.  But my A6500 doesn't do this.  What do you have the AF/MF button set to?  I would reassign something to it and see what happens...

All sorted now.

Took it back to John Lewis and they exchanged it instantly.

Not only that, they price matched with themselves and gave me £180. I've also just received my £300 cashback from Sony.