A6500 Wheel Middle Button Direct to Playback

Hi everyone, hope people are keeping safe despite everything that is going on.

I got an issue with my a6500 and I'm not sure how it happened. The middle button in the navigation wheel (the one used to select) has been reconfigured to act as a 'playback' button. More precisely, the button will allow me to select but then will immediately send me to playback. In practice it means that any settings change requiring more than 1 click has now become impossible to change for me (that includes factory resetting)

Has anyone experienced this issue before? Is there any way I can factory reset the camera from my laptop?

Any advice on this would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Echocat
Change title

Sometimes there are amazing hack fixes for problems, but in the absence of anyone knowing and posting one, all these "this switch/button/lever/wheel doesn't work" problems end up with one answer: the service centre.

Sorry not to be more useful, or to suggest anything potentially less costly. At which point we get to, you'll never know if you don't ask. And asking, at least, shouldn't cost you anything.

Should you take that route... Or find a fix some other way, do please remember that googlers may find this thread in the years to come: please post an update!

Edited by Thad E Ginathom

• 2 years later...