a6500 malfunctions in humidity

I have had my a6500 for over a year now.  I’m generally pleased with it but I have issues when I use it in humid environments.  

I have had two trips overseas.  One to Fiji and the other to Polynesia. I took the camera in both trips on jungle hikes with my 18-105mm lens.  In the jungle hikes there was humidity and a little mist.  I wore the camera around my neck with a strap so I could quickly grab shots of wildlife.  After a while - maybe a couple hours, my camera gives errors of functions not being available with the equipment used.  After a while the camera stops functioning.   I take the camera back to my Bungalow, open it up to air out overnight and it starts working again.  

I’m baffled  the a6500 is supposed to be weather sealed.   Has anyone else have this happen to them?   Do you have any ideas on what is going on or how to prevent this from happening?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest keeping the camera away from your body, your body heat combined with the high humidity can cause condensation. While the camera is sealed, there is air inside it and that air contains moisture, especially if you changed lenses at any point. 

Try to keep the camera cool in those environments.

Any time you move a camera from one environment (temperature & humidity)  to another, you will avoid problems if you allow the temperature and humidity in the camera to adjust to the temperature and humidity of the environment before using it. This adjustment can take up to an hour--depending on the temperature and humidity differences differences.

I have seen this happen with other electronic equipment which malfunctioned when exposed to higher temperature after being soaked at cold. The trick is to expose the equipment to higher temperature but dry environment for a while before venturing into the heat. An example the wrong thing to do would be to travel to a warm humid place with the camera equipment stowed inside your air-conditioned car. A better approach would be to stow the camera in the non-airconditioned car trunk.

• 1 month later...