A6500 video sharpness

I've had my sony a6500 for years, and have always encountered this weird problem when using the S&Q settings shooting at 4K 120fps 24p. I would say it is never quite 100% in focus. This is the case when it's in autofocus, or I'm manually adjusting it. It's the same thing every time- and its that way with multiple lenses too. I always have to throw a sharpener on it in post to make up for it. Below is a pretty typical example- like, its mostly in focus, but the edges just aren't crisp like when I'm not filming in slow motion. Their faces are pretty much blurry. I know there's a loss of bit rate when you do 120fps at 4K (I think only like 12mb?), is that the reason that this happens? Cause I haven't heard of this from anyone else, and whenever I watch other peoples slow motion footage it looks perfectly crisp, so I'm wondering if I'm going something wrong. Or is it a camera problem? Just wondering if there's anything I can do, or if I should try and find a different camera that won't have this problem.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Olaf W. changed the title to A6500 video sharpness