Sony a6500 Top Right Dial Malfunctioning

Cornel

About a month ago I went on a trip to Heron Island and slipped in a foot-sized salt water puddle on a rock. The camera got semi submersed for probably less than a second around the dial and shutter button area, and it would've hit the rock there too as it now has some paint missing on the ridge to the right of the C1 button:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

As soon as I got back up I started drying it off with my shirt as it was all I had on me, and everything else seemed to work fine. But, the shutter/aperture dial is giving me problems. Initially it just wouldn't work, then after a couple hours it worked for a few seconds and then starts rapidly changing whatever it was controlling back and forth whenever I tried to use it, and by itself (eg. back and forth between 1/200 and 1/250 SS). I can still use the rear dial fine. It hasn't stopped doing this, though it tends to happen a fair bit less now.

Is there a way to remove the dial and clean/dry under it, or is there something I can just spray between the cracks? I have some electrical cleaner spray but I don't know if I should be spraying that in there.