First Sony A7ii on display in Store in Tokyo!

SAR_admin

I really like the design improvements, the only thing that I don't like is the new 'texture'. I really liked the smooth black of the A7's, it is sophisticated and simple.

To me the added texture makes it look cheaper, more conventional, I hope I'm wrong and can't wait to have it in hands to see it in person.

I am really looking forward to see this camera, even more so an a7r m2 , but as a long time sony user

deep down I get the feeling sooner or later sony will sell this of to Nikon / canon  who will probably develop

a better camera etc, that's probably why sony are reluctant to speed up their lens production and other lens

makers not producing any specific lenses for these cameras, I may be wrong , I really hope so , but it sure

don't look like it at the moment.

You think Sony is reluctant to speed up their lens production? Wow! That's incredible! How could it possibly be any faster? 

Just look at the number of new lenses (both E and A mount) Sony has released in the last 18 months including the new ones they have just announced. No other camera manufacturer even comes close to their level of output. Sony's lens development and production is incredibly fast by market standards.

it's not the quantity I care about , its the quality , I am sure you will agree that a £1700 36 megapixel camera should have a lens that gives you 36 megapixels or very

close to it, whats the point of having a 36mp camera when the lens is only giving you 16 megapixel pics?

HI.

i am not sure I understand you. All the new FF e-mount lenses should be able to resolve 36 MP. I known people are not crazy about the 24-70 but the a-mount version was never my cup of tea either.

Greetings from David

it's not the quantity I care about , its the quality , I am sure you will agree that a £1700 36 megapixel camera should have a lens that gives you 36 megapixels or very

close to it, whats the point of having a 36mp camera when the lens is only giving you 16 megapixel pics?

Which lenses are you talking about and where are you getting your data that says these lenses can only resolve 16mp?

• 2 weeks later...

close to it, whats the point of having a 36mp camera when the lens is only giving you 16 megapixel pics?

You misunderstood the DXOMark P-MPix.

A lense cannot have a Resolution, because it is completely analogue.

The P-MPix are only valid together with a certain camera.

Each lense looses image quality, approximately half of the resolution is lost.

A 16 P-Mpix lense on a A7 has a higher P-MPix on the A7R.

It is not possible to have 32 M-Pix on a camera with 32 Megapixels, isn't it?

Ernst