NEX-7 replacement coming soon?

The long rumoured NEX-7 (A7000) may be actually coming soon.

I hope for: 32MP, a much softer eyecup (the old one hurts!), a rubber grip that wont need gluing back on so often, bigger built in flash with a better sync speed & an easier menu.

Any ideas?

I'm not bothered about 4k video, who need it really?

• 1 month later...

It would be really nice if sony made a high end crop sensor camera with a body similar to the a7 mkII...something like Canon is doing with the 7D mkII...I hope the a7000 goes at least a bit in this direction....

I like that! I had been thinking "scaled-up A6000", but "scaled-down A7II" sounds wonderful. If it's scaled down in price, too, of course.  :D

Add IBIS and keep both thumbwheels and it will be time for an upgrade already.

Exactly...a scaled down a7 mkII with a higher frame rate and killer AF.... I would gladly pay a grand (or even more) for a body...If it would have the AF capabilities of the A7r II, that would be a dream camera

I know people would argue that the small size of the a6000 is a big plus, but for serious work it would be better to have a bigger body and 2 thumb wheels

Yeah...but not everyone has 3 grand for the a7rII...and 42Mpx is not what everyone needs....also aps-c sensors do have advantages...

It would be a great sports camera...for my opinion also very good for concerts...

BTW...they are keeping the a6000 small...we are talking about the nex 7 replacement....a camera ranked higher than the a6000....as far as I know, the a6000 is staying in production

• 1 month later...

Would like to have something like "Focus bracketing" in the highly anticipated nex 7 replacement - seems to come These days in some form with some new camera, forgot which. Would be cool in 2 forms

(a) "Focus Point optimization": 3 or 5 shots with Focus Point very Close to the actually Chosen Point - so I can choose later among the one which hits the fine Detail i actually wanted sharp

(B) "Field of depth optimization": 3 or 5 shots that are combined to a single shot with "impossible sharpness". This seems to be the Option coming with that new camera mentioned above. Combinatoin should be to RAW, not only jpeg, since I would like to be able to further work on it with maximal Information Content with lightroom or the like.