Nex 6 ARW raw files

First post here as far as I can tell after using the Nex 6 from just after it was announced.

I have been a Lightroom user ( a happy user ) for even more years ( currently using LR ver 4.4 ).  Two upgrade routes have diverted one from the orher.  How to find a way forward now?

Adobe has several times upgraded the mechanism it uses to handle ARW / RAW files.  Sony seems to have done likewise.  I was uninitiated in these changes and now a few years of Sony Nex 6 ARW files are not handleable by Lightroom.  I would appreciate continuing to use the ARW high quality files.  But Lightroom now wants a monthly subscription to hand out to me a useable upgrade.  That would be on a permenamt basis as long as I pay each month.  I can't / don/t want to enter that subscription system.

I can set the Nex 6 to shoot ARW + JPEG and delete all the ARW's.  And / or trawl back through all unseeable ARW files and convert them one by one, or by batch, into JPEG's.

My question(s): what software converter should I look at to convert ARW's into JPEG's, and what alternative to Lightroom should I consider if I want to continue shooting ARW with the Nex 6 ?

I appreciate the chance to pose this query and I hope there might be a useful solution.

Thank you very much to all.

RegardsPFO