Best Lens Adapter with Aperture Control

Is there any consensus out there as to what's the best Canon to e mount lens adapter that also provides aperture control?

I'm OK with manual focus so poor autofocus isn't necessarily a deal breaker. My Fotasy adapter works great with my Olympus lenses that have an manual aperture ring but the lack of an electronic handshake keeps me stuck on maximum aperture for my Canon lenses.

Thanks

I haven't used them personally (I sold all my Canon glass when I switched), but I've heard good things about the Comlite and, supposedly better still with even a decent autofocus, the Fotodiox Pro (the AF version, not the MF one).

For this last one you can check this Youtube video review, and maybe you can ask directly the author:

FotoDiox Pro EF-NEX Auto Lens Adapter review

I was a happy Canon user. then came Sony..

i did a lot of research on getting a adapter for my ef glass to fit on my a7r. I read a lot of good and negative things on various adapters.

In the end I ordered the new metabones IV EF to FE mount. And to this day I have loved it and wondered what people where complaining about. The adapter works without flaw. I have no connectivity issues. Camera always starts. Lens is never wobbly or too stiff. Maybe i was very lucky?

I use this adapter for 4 lenses I kept that I did not think could ever be replaced.

1 Canon 90mm TS-E

2. Zeiss 135mm APO

3. Helios 40-2 EF mount (beautiful effect when useful)

4. Samyang 14mm (Amazing optics but cheap lens. why buy another?)

With that said I can recommend the Metabones IV however your experience may or may not be different.

I use an Ommlite adapter that I've been pretty happy with.  It doesn't work at all with my EF 28/2.8 (One of the original EF lenses).  It will not autofocus below 28mm on my EF 20-35/f3.5-4.5.  I've also had it not stop down correctly on that lens a few times.  The lens is new to me so I don't know if it's the lens or the adapter.  I need to try it on a Canon body.  Every other lens I own, even a cheap old Vivitar 19-35, work fine.  It fits both the camera and the lenses perfectly.  And it's under $100 on Amazon.  I've also heard good things about the Fotodiox adapter from people who have used it.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a metabones and it's perfect. Good results, no play, tight tolerances, sturdy design with added tripod mount if required, aperture control is clickless though.

I purchased a cheaper one of ebays called fotga for 16$ it worked but not as good as metabones, not as sharp.