Using generic batteries!!

I have recently purchased a floureon np-fw50 battery kit from ebay but unfortunately i cant find any reviews on this particular product.

Has anyone purchased these batteries and if so can you please let me know whats your take on them ?

Are they good, the quality, the performance etc...

Thanks in advance [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My experience with third-party batteries is that they work but they may not hold a charge as long as OEM. I've tested this by charging both OEM and 3rd party batteries and putting them on the shelf for a couple of months. Then I put the OEM battery in the charger and it shows green but the 3rd party battery shows red indicating that it is charging. On the other hand, they do work in the camera and cost a hell of a lot less than Sony brand batteries. I personally use Wasabi batteries and wall chargers. They can be found on Amazon and eBay.

I have 4 np-fw50 batteries for my A7II; two original Sony's and two Vivitar's.

The thing you have to keep in mind using 3rd party batteries is that you always run the risk of damaging your camera due to inferior quality. I have no experience with floureon np-fw50's, never heard of floureon. My experience with the Vivitar batteries (maybe I got lucky) is in line with what Edmund Dorf said. I decided to roll the dice on the Vivitar's because I got two batteries plus a charger for 1/3 the price of the OEM Sony. If I was to buy 3rd party again I think I'll go with the Wasabi batteries Edmund referenced. The majority of reviews I've read are fairly positive.

A note on Vivitar; it's not the Vivitar that produced the lenses, 283 & 285 flashes, etc. that the brand name conjures up in your mind. The company that bought the brand name now pumps out cheap Chinese knock off products of varying quality.

I hope the floureon work out well for you and the Vivitar's are at least as decent as mine.

KMG

The floureon np-fw50 battery kit came early this morning, they are of great quality extremely similar to the original sony battery. Tested in the camera and it works perfectly and does not throw up error messages. I'm very much surprised due to the fact I've never heard of the brand before. So I'm very happy now all my worries are gone and now I'm satisfied with my purchase

After using the floureon brand it works but unfortunately the battery indicator isn't quiet working right with them. Yesterday it went from 100 to 38 % within 1 minute. Once I turned the camera off and turned it on it showed 100 but then went back down. So I will only use them when I desperately need them lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I bought 2 wasabi and 1 became crap within 2 months. Same like souljasteve mentioned above. The other one is half life now, while my authentic Sony are still going strong. I only use the wasabi for cheap LED lights, don't trust them for my cameras. If they just suddenly die while writing to your card, it could corrupt the whole card and you effectively lose all your work.