Nissin Di700a HSS on camera? (A7RII)

Hi guys,

I've heard you can use the Nissin Di700a with HSS enabled, on camera (with the A7RII) and I'm trying to do so, but cannot.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I've got the flash firing in TTL with good results, but can't get past 1/250th.

I've tried putting the head in every different position, I've tried all flash modes, no electronic first curtain, no silent mode, different lenses (not that it should matter), my point is, I've tried everything.

Nissin's website is pretty horrible and the usual places to find information isn't working.

Appreciate any help :)

You need to press and hold the pilot button for 3 sec to toggle HSS. The pilot button will blink when in HSS. First thing I did when I got mine was to download the manual and keep it on my phone/iPad since the little cheat sheet that comes with it is limited at best. Also, Gary Fong has a few videos on using this flash that are worthwhile.

http://www.nissindigital.com/files/EN_DI700A_rev_1_3_S.pdf

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apologies, I've tried it again and it has worked, I'm not sure why I didn't the first time, thank you so much for your time Martys :)

No where on the internet does it state clearly all the steps required to engage HSS on the Nissin Di700a when mounted on the hot shoe.

I needed this earlier today and spent hours trying to find it.

Thanks again.

How do you check the firmware? 

Nissin clowns refuse to answer mails. Sent 3 plaintext support mails which they seem intentionally skip. Just few support questions that any serious company could easily just answer but this vendor decided to just put the lock on.

Would be nice to have the firmware checked before selling of my Nissin gear. :unsure: