Lens or Camera issue?

Have a problem and wondering if anyone can relate, or advise.

Bought the A7RII and 24-70 f4 a few weeks ago. I also have the 35mm f2.8 which I purchased secondhand. Now, occasionally, when I turn the camera on, the 24-70 wont focus. The "F" on the screen will be blank, almost like its not recognizing the lens, although only once did I get the error message. Every other time, all functions of the camera work, except focus. Only constantly a combination of switching on/off, removing the battery, and removing the lens/reattach will resolve the problem. It NEVER happens on the 35mm lens. Of course, it ALWAYS happen when I actually NEED to use the camera, as opposed to just picking it up and playing. Being intermittent, its a hard thing to show someone unless its a case of right place/right time. Ive tried to troubleshoot as best I can, and it "seems" that its more likely to happen when the camera has been off for A longer period of time.

I purchased from Sony direct (online).

Here is a link to the image on back of camera when it happens:-

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Re-do all firmware, and clean all contacts, before

considering more elaborate or expensive options.

This issue exists straight out of the box - new camera body and new lens. Cleaned contacts. Upgraded to 3.10 firmware then a day later to 3.20. As mentioned I cannot replicate this issue with the Zeiss 35 f 2.8.