Sony a7rII cost 500€ more then nikon d810

The D810 is older (released at a higher price point than the A7RII), doesn't have 4k, lower resolution, doesn't have back sensor illumination and a lower ISO range.

Both are professional cameras that come with strong features and a professional pricing point.

i think sony should lower the prices. 2000€ with tax is right price for sony a7RII. What do you think?

It will sell for less than 2000€ in 12 months time .... a7R now available for ca 1500 €.

For reference, A7Rii is around 3500 €, so a good 2000 € saving will be possible soon enough.

Waiting for this hooker I've got my eye on to drop her price. Sure she may have put on 30# by then, lost some of her teeth, and wear knee high support hose but I'll finally get my hands on her (but not arms around her) and puff with pride on the money I've saved as tradeoff to all the fun I could have had with her. Not logical thinking but who says we're smart ALL the time?

The two cameras are very different. They are both professional top of the line, but the similarity ends there. Nikon is at its best shooting sports, and Sony for just about everything else. When I shot NFL I used Nikon. Now I am primarily a landscape photographer, and I shoot Sony. IMHO nothing beets Nikon for sports or Sony for landscapes. However, any pro could use either camera for any shoot, realizing the limitations, and taking advantage of the strengths of each. In the eighties we shot football with film and manual focus cameras changing film while the team was in a huddle. I have to laugh a bit when I read posts that compare which cameras are a millisecond faster at focusing. The cameras today are amazing, and there is little reason for not taking great photos with any of the major brands. However, I will say/complain about the cost of lenses. I have found the price of Sony lenses to be pretty disappointing. There is nothing wrong with going after the pro market with expensive lenses like new Sony lenses. But Sony owes it to their non-pro customer to make descent glass for under 1K. The Sony A7ii, their best selling camera, should have less expensive options for sure. Those customers should not have to spend a thousand dollars on a normal lens or 1500 on an 85mm portrait lens. Many of those Sony buyers have faithfully waited for some lenses only to be left out, because of the high prices. This decision by Sony may drive buyers back to Nikon or Cannon with more affordable glass options.

markphoto4u

i think sony should lower the prices. 2000€

with tax is right price for sony a7RII. What

do you think?

I think it's none of my fuggin bidniz. And,

speaking as someone of whom's bidniz it

is fuggin none, I perznally think that Sony

should just give them away.

The two cameras are very different. They

are both professional top of the line, ...

Neither is professional and neither is top

of its line. Only single-digit model named

Nikons are top of the line. Sony will soon

release their top of the line model, with

the traditional "9" model designation that

dates back to the Minolta era.

Acoarst they are both excellent, durable

cameras with which one can earn money.

But they are both enthusiast models.

Getting pretty deep. Should have worn my boots. I didn't say," top of its line." I said, "top of the line" as in top-of-line. This is an expression denoting high quality. "Professional" implied both cameras can be (and are) used professionally. But grammar aside, their have been many pros doing high quality work with the Nikon D700 and the Sony A7s. IMHO the gear that makes a camera a professional model is the 12 inches behind the camera body, and not the "digit" printed on the camera.

markphoto4u

...... I didn't say," top of its line." I said,

"top of the line" as in top-of-line. This is an

expression denoting high quality. .......

Cool, I get it. Like saying, "top shelf". Not

everything occupying a top shelf hasta be

the most-ultra offering on that shelf.