Will Have A 24-70 f2.8 G Master Wednesday

I caved and got lucky to find a dealer that had one in stock for sale. After it's delivered Wednesday I'll be putting it through it's paces. I certainly hope it will at least meet if not exceed my expectations. I've been wanting a no compromise 24-70 range lens that was also at least the f2.8 I went through 2 copies of the f4 which no offence sucked. My 24-240 beat that sucker out. I at least hope it meets the quality of images I've seen some have posted taken with this lens. Using a A7RII won't hurt that's for sure. I'll post some samples after I get it so others can see what it's all about.

Well f/4 is too slow for me, it's 2.8 or faster or I won't buy, so I know how to feel about it.

I don't have E-mount so I can't say anything about the f/4's quality, however for the price it should be an ok lens.

I put a deposit on it to hold it till I get paid Tuesday, hence the reason I didn't get it already. I am fully expecting to see the kind of results I used to get from both a Nikon 24-70 f2.8 on a Nikon FF camera as well as a Canon 24-70 f2.8L on a top Canon body. If not it will go back and I'll just have to get used to primes all the time. I have NO intention of 3rd party adapted lenses

Mine arrived today.  A couple quick snaps confirms very sharp and great contrast; will try to post images when I have more time.

Only initial issue for me is that zoom ring is pretty stiff.  Would appreciate hearing if others experience the same thing or, if you know, whether I might expect the zoom ring to loosen up a bit over time.  (I would prefer it to be too stiff than too loose.)

I caved and got lucky to find a dealer that had one in stock for sale. After it's delivered Wednesday I'll be putting it through it's paces. I certainly hope it will at least meet if not exceed my expectations. I've been wanting a no compromise 24-70 range lens that was also at least the f2.8 I went through 2 copies of the f4 which no offence sucked. My 24-240 beat that sucker out. I at least hope it meets the quality of images I've seen some have posted taken with this lens. Using a A7RII won't hurt that's for sure. I'll post some samples after I get it so others can see what it's all about.

Very interested in your honest impressions of this compared to the 24-240. I'm using that lens as a walk around and street lens and love the flexibility. It's sharp too (across most of the frame). So very interested in what the 24-70 f/2.8 brings to the table besides the obvious heft and speed.

I sent mine back to exchange for a copy with a not-so-stiff zoom ring.  But in terms of IQ, it is at least as good as the comparable Canikon 24-70 2.8 zooms (and I have used the current versions of both). Uncorrected, it has distortion as is to be expected, but resolution, color, contrast are fantastic. Sharp corners at 2.8 you ask--yes!