live streaming with sony a7sII

Hi everybody,

I'd like to know if it's possible to make live streaming with sony a7sII. I'm asked to film a conference and my client would like to send the signal (video and sound) on his youtube channel, but I never did that. Can someone help me, please?

Thank you very much.

Consider using the app Periscope to broadcast from your phone. The latest update allows you to tether a GoPro 4 giving the ability of switching views between viewpoints/sources... GoPro/Phone/GoPro, broadcasting from one while you change position of the other or one for close ups and other for wide shots.

Streaming video of a conference doesn't necessarily scream 'quality', that's where your Sony picks up the slack for the hard copy. I place the phone in cradle on the R&G rig when I shoot. Hook a Zoom H6n up to the mixing board for 2 channels of clean audio and the XY mics to mix in ambient audio later. Sennheiser G3 wireless into iPhone provides clean audio for the stream watchers.

Thank you very much, Leafy.Your answer was really helpful. I just wanted to ask you another thing (maybe it's a stupid question...): when you talk about Black Magic UltraStudio Mini, I found on internet that there are 2 of them: Monitor and Recorder. Which one are you talking about? Thank you very much

You will need the recorder. If OBS doesn't work that well for you, choose one from here https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2907883?hl=en&ref_topic=6136989. I personally have great experiences with Wirecast Play (which is free), only caveat is that it's very easy to switch it to a trial version that puts watermark and you will have to reinstall it again to return to the clean version.

• 7 months later...