Are Canon adapters giving good results ?

Lucas7

Hi,

I'm considering renting some lenses for a shooting. But Sony lenses are hard to find on hire shops.

I'm affraid I'll have to get some Canon lenses with an adapter.

Main question is :

Anyone has some experience using adapters for Canon ? What are the results ? (Any vignettage / loss of quaility / issues ? )

Cheers,

Lucas

Short answer : yes, very good results.

Long answer ... have a jolly good browse through http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1379624 for other people's experiences. Note that lenses perform differently depending on which adaptor and which version of the firmware (for Metabones users).

For me I use the 14mm L , 24 & 17mm TS-E, 24-105, 35mm IS, 50mm 1.2, 85mm 1.2 and 70-200mm F4 all fine with a Metabones. 

I have the A7rii and a huge investment in Canon glass. I read reviews and thought I could rely on the metabones. Even on a second copy and with updated firmware, I cannot rely on it for anything involving movement. Works great with my 16-35, but my 70-200 2.8 hunts and hunts. Center focus is better, but spot ( which I use all the time) is useless. I am desperate for fast zooms for wedding work!!. My advice is to work with native lenses for important work.