Please give me flippy screens!

AEK

I will be purchasing an A7C size Sony full frame at some point, but I’m waiting for Sony to make a flippy screen iteration, as opposed to fully articulating. Am I the only one waiting for this? To me, articulating screens are cumbersome and pointless, and feel fragile. I am surprised so many new Sonys have the fully articulating screens, when the high end Sonys have up/down flippy screens. Oh, AND so does the Leica Q3…

Impossible to please everyone... Sony persisted on flippy screens for a decade but people demanded articulating screens. Sony made articulating screens to please them but then other people wanted their trusty old flippy screens. Sony made an articulating / flippy screen on the A7R5 in a desperate attempt to please everyone, but then there's people like you who complain it is too flimsy... Ironic.

- Happy flippy screen user

Cool. I prefer up/down tilt over flip out and twist because tilt works better for waist level shooting (in landscape).

But my favourite now is the A7RV, which gives me both. They mounted a flip out and twist screen in a tilt cradle. I get to tilt for waist level landscape orientation, and flip out for waist level portrait orientation. Plus I can turn the screen inwards.