Sony A7rii flawed???

MLWolfe

Hi! Is anyone having problems with the power save mode on the A7rii?? This is my THIRD camera in a little over a month. The first one drained the batteries so fast I wasn't getting more than 100 shots per battery. Sony said to return it. The second one wouldn't go into power save mode. In order to not drain a battery almost immediately, I would shoot, turn off the camera, walk 30 feet, set up the shot, turn on camera, shoot, turn off the camera... You get the picture! But I did get the expected number of pictures from a battery (still so dismal). So I called Sony and they told me to return it. This is camera three, and once again, it won't go into power save mode!!! I am using a Sony 55 1.8 lens. Is there something I could be setting up that might negate that setting? I did the 2.0 update, hoping that would fix it, but no. So now Sony wants me to send this one in for repair, but I think I shouldn't have to be without my $3200 camera while they figure it out!! ( And note, no Sony Professional Services for a loaner! Get in the pro game, Sony!!!). So, is anyone having this problem, or am I just incredibly unlucky, or am I inadvertently doing something wrong??

Timde, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I did have the remote turned on! Why didn't Sony technical support know this? And why, when I asked about professional services, did they tell me they have no such thing??? Thanks, McGyver!

So happy I don't need to return this camera, too!