Good Sony Customer Service? I can't believe it

My previous post, lamenting fact that my A7R2 crapped out after 6 weeks and I was at the bottom of a Sisyphean slope, looking up at Precision Camera (Sony's USA third-party repair shop) and their terrible service -- well, I'm changing my tune.

Past experiences with Precision have been awful, with some repairs taking 8 weeks or more, clueless agents and terrible return shipping packaging.  I was expecting the worst with this repair.  

Long story short, I sent the camera in on October 9th and received it back, good as new, today, the 21st.  Sure, it's still 12 days total, but it's a world of difference.  Yeah, the camera was poorly packed, but at least the shipper was FedEx, not UPS, so their mistake went unnoticed.

Bottom line, Sony USA customers, there is hope.  If all experiences can be as quick and relatively painless as this, Sony customer service has a chance after all.  

Guest Colin Scott Johnson

I had terrible experience with my A7s - Precision got it for evaluation and destroyed the screen? WTF??? - I ended up getting new camera from Sony after many weeks of legal threats.

My A7 II locked up and never came back. This one was repaired perfectly in under a week, so yes, maybe Sony is taking support more seriously :)

We could probably start a whole forum thread of bad experiences at Precision Camera.  When I first got started with Sony, I bought their extended warranties on all my gear, since I do break stuff regularly.  Big mistake, because it all goes through Precision.  Afterwards, I started buying the Square Trade warranties, and that has made all the difference.   I sent my wife's A77ii in for a scratched LCD and within three days, Square Trade bought a brand new camera, shipped from B&H.  Ok, we'll take it.