A7 only takes a single frame despite being set to bracket

I have a Sony A7 camera, I have set the shoot mode to bracketing 5 frames at 0.7ev. The display viewfinder shows multiple triangular markings either side of mid point. All looks promising until I press the shutter release and the camera only takes one frame.

I also have a Sony A6000, with the exact same shoot mode settings it too shows multiple triangular markings either side of mid point. When I operate the shutter on the a6000 it rapidly takes 5 frames and when I view them each have a different exposure as expected.

Is there something different about the A7 or is there something I am missing?

Iit drove me mad over the weekend as I was shooting a catheral needed bracketing and ended up having to do it manually which is fraught even with a sturdy tripod.

Which bracketing mode are you using? Single bracketing or continuous bracketing? Single only takes one shot at a time and each shot within the bracket needs to be taken manually. In continuous bracketing mode, the shots in the bracket are taken automatically in quick succession.

Thanks, I think that must be it, I was on single bracketing on the A7 (it's the first time I have used bracketing). I guess the A6000 must have been set to continuous bracketing. I hadn't appreciated the difference, so thanks for your help.