Weird bug with animal detection

I recently got the A7R5, switching from being a Nikon shooter. I just had a weird bug that I wonder if anyone has experienced. I switched it over to animal/bird detection and for some reason it wouldn't detect my dogs as an animal subject, and I had plenty of light. It had no issues previously, I have a big golden dog that is super easy to detect. It acted exactly like it does when trying to take a dog picture on human detection, it just used a standard AF point with no subject recognition. I tried switching to just animal no bird detection with no difference. I turned the camera off for a bit, and when coming back animal detection worked perfectly, I can't recreate the issue. And yes I was definitely on animal/bird detection. All my animal detection settings are on default. It really felt like a bug because I kept trying everything to get it to detect the dogs and it just wouldn't until a power cycle. Has anyone else experienced this? As long as it doesn't happen with humans it's ok with me.