Need Recommends for wireless remote shutter release for a7 iii

carney2

Looking for a wireless remote shutter release for an a7 iii.  The Sony Wireless Remote Commander is infrared and is pretty much line off sight.  With the a7 iii's sensor located in the front of the camera this unit has a lot of limitations.  In other words, I find the Sony remote unit unacceptable and am looking for other suggestions from you knowledgeable people.

Yes. The Sony one is a terrible line-of-sight piece-o-crap. The one I use operates of 2.4Ghz frequency meaning it need not be pointed at the receiver. It also operates a powered zoom on the Sony. I have the controller rigged to the back side of the handle of my rig when doing video and it works flawlessly.

If you get this one remember this... It drains batteries even when powered off so don't expect it to power on a month later after previous use. I pull batteries and store all components in a bag which also contains a set of backup batteries just in case.

https://www.amazon.com/JJC-Wireless-Commander-RMT-VP1K-Replacement/dp/B07GVKMKF2/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8