Shutter Delay/ remote control for AEB

TimP

Hi, I can't find an answer in the manuals so, here goes. I want to be able to set a 2 or 10 sec shutter delay or  use my wireless remote control when taking an Auto Exposure Bracketing series. Both AEB and shutter delay appear in the same menu and as far as I can see , you can not use both together. It would be good to tripod mount for AEB , for HDR series of shots and not have to operate the shutter release at the same time as the series is being taken, to avoid ghosting.  .Any suggestions gratefully heard . Thanks.

The original reason for wanting to set a timed delay was to allow any vibration from mirror slap to die away. Without a mirror, I guess maybe you might be worried about vibration from pressing the shutter button?

Might I suggest a remote release instead? I'm still using a simple Sony wired shutter release which plugs into the old "micro USB with extra wires" socket that is still on a lot of the Sony bodies - I think it's even on the A9 III. If you have one of the models which doesn't have that socket, then I think you have the option of a Bluetooth release? 

Not saying this is your only answer, but thought it might solve your problem.

Oh, you even mentioned remote control on your thread title - guess you already thought of it!

Edited by FunWithCameras
Noticed thread title