A7Riii - Shutter Release

W7DRB

Hi. Recently acquired a lightly used pre-owned A7Riii and trying to figure out the controls and settings. Currently have a RX10M3. Not an experienced user generally though. I'm expecting the usual 2-stage shutter release but there is no pause (no focus beep and wait for secondary press) on any of the AF options. I note I can press the Multi-Selector button to the rear which does focus and 'lock' after which I can press the shutter release. Is this normal - are there other settings I need to alter to reinstate the 2 stage press on the main button. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Pieter. Very Helpful. Tried but couldn't make this work yet. Have also tried the reset all setting option on the camera which I would expect to default it back to the 2-step shutter release as setting up the Back Button should be optional, but again no joy yet. I'm happy using the back button but I'd like to understand why I can't get it off and return to default.

AF w/shutter is set to on? I guess so if you did a factory reset... Did you test if the half-press actuation is defective? Put your camera on and wait until it goes into stand-by mode. If half-pressing the shutter button activates the camera, at least you ruled out that option.

Hi - I will try that. Haven't gotten anything else to work yet. I did reset setting and also re-initialise, but made no difference. I used the camera 'in the field' for the first time on Sunday. Back button focus works fine and is intuitive so it's not a huge problem but I would like to know that the proper function does work.