A6000 Firmware update 2.00

Excellent timing. I just recieved my a6000 today and I see there is a new firmware update! XAVC S!!! Here is what's pulled from Sony's site:

This utility updates the ILCE-6000 camera firmware to version 2.00 and provides the following benefits:

Improvements over version 1.20:

• The startup time is shortened
  • Adds support for recording movies in the XAVC S format that supports high bit rates (NTSC: 60p/30p/24p PAL: 50p/25p)
    • Notes:
    • When recording a movie in the XAVC S format, you must use a Class 10 or faster SDXC card.
    • If you format the memory card, all of the data will be erased. Please make sure that the data on the card is backed up before formatting the card.

Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 2.00:

• Improves camera function and provides picture improvement for the new lenses (SEL35F14Z, SEL24240, SEL28F20, SEL90M28G)
  • Improves the power-on time after downloading the Smart Remote Control application of the PlayMemories Camera Apps™.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=ILCE6000&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/downloadTab

After switching the A6000 to XAVC-s, I get the message:

This memorycard does not support recording of XAVC S-films.

My card is: Sandisk Extreme, SDHC I, 60mb, 32gb.

I formatted it in the camera.

What is wrong with this card?

Yes, but that is why I asked this forum, before spending € 50.- to find out it works or not.

You are right, maybe I put the question:

Has anybody used a Sandisk class 10, 64gb, SDHC-I (or other cards) with the A6000, firmware 2.0., setting the camera on XAVC S format and don't get the message: This memorycard does not support recording of XAVC S-films.

Yes, but that is why I asked this forum, before spending € 50.- to find out it works or not.

You are right, maybe I put the question:

Has anybody used a Sandisk class 10, 64gb, SDHC-I (or other cards) with the A6000, firmware 2.0., setting the camera on XAVC S format and don't get the message: This memorycard does not support recording of XAVC S-films.

As far as I know, there are no SDHC cards with 64 GB on the market. Maybe your card is only 32 GB or it is a SDXC.

It seems that only SDXC cards can be used. The manual of the A 5100 says SDXC class 10 or better. I guess this is also true for the A6000.

I have two very fast SDHC cards with write speeds of 40 and 90 MByte/s. But they have only 32 GB and are therefore of SDHC type.

I will just go into the shop and will buy a SDXC card class 10 64 GB for 29 EUR...

It will be a SanDisk Ultra which writes much slower than my SanDisk Extreme, but should be sufficient as it is SDXC and class 10 (10 MB/s write speed).