Issues trying to update lens

Iansky

I am trying to update my Sony Zeiss 24-70 f4 OSS lens.

I downloaded the relevant software and opened it on my Mac and follwed the instructions - set USB setting to Mass storage, connected camera to computer with USB cable and opened instructions downloaded with update.

Turned on camera with lens attached and back of camera showed Sony connection, hit OK and then next on computer screen Sony page - took ages then it came back and said it could not download the update so had to remove camera battery, reinsert turn camera back on and try again - same thing so I have now given up!!!

Why can't they update via SD card like most other cameras??

Any suggestions / tips will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian

Iansky, this can be a little tricky, when updating on OSX. I do not know, which body you are using (my experience pertains to a9 only. And I'm also on OSX).

But on OSX there may be a so-called "driver loader" necessary, depending on the version of your OSX:

IMPORTANT: For OS X version 10.10 or 10.11, please make sure the Mac OS X Driver Loaderhas been installed before continuing to update your firmware.

IMPORTANT: For computers running Mac OS X version 10.13, the DriverLoader_1013 software must be installed before installing the camera software update for each camera that's being updated.

Maybe you want to re-read this page, if you haven't already done so:

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=SEL2470Z&upd_id=11173&os_group_id=3

Please report back if this solved your problem or not.