Hello, everyone! My name is Misty :)

I just got a Sony a6300 a week ago today. I was wanting to upgrade to the Sony a7iii from my Nikon DSLR cameras (D600 and D300; I've also had Canon DSLR cameras in the past), but I couldn't catch it in stock. Since I needed a new camera for VBS at church last Saturday, my husband ran me up to our local Best Buy last Friday and bought me the 6300...so, I'm a week in! I do hope to be able to grab the a7iii later this year for my birthday in November or at Christmas, but I am loving the 6300 so far and will definitely keep it as my back up camera/teaching my three kids ( 12, 9, and 8 ) how to shoot!

The only lens I have right now is the 18-135mm that came with it but, with time, I am hoping to get a longer zoom, a 50mm, an 85mm and maybe the 16mm just because I love how other people's landscape photos look with that lens. 

I'm not a professional by any means, but I'm not a newbie either. I have loved pictures and photo albums for as long as I can remember, and I got my first real camera when I was in 7th grade. I'll be 32 here in a few months and I've had a lot of cameras since then. After I had my first child, that's when I wanted an awesome camera and got into Photoshop/Lightroom so I could create the best memories I possibly could have to look back on.

This is my first mirrorless camera, though, and I am BEYOND excited for the adventures that Sonnie (what I named her) and I will be having together. I've taken pictures at VBS, the first day of school yesterday, at the fair, and our new church being build in just the seven days I've had it. I am also excited to learn how to take awesome videos with it!

I still have a lot to learn, but that's why I'm here on this forum!!!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!